Rockland County, April 17 — There probably aren’t a lot of issues where NYS Senator David Carlucci (D – Rockland) and NJ Republican Governor Chris Christie are in agreement. But Christie and Carlucci joined Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy (D) yesterday condemning an idea floated by Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer to reinstate New York City’s suburban commuter tax. Despite Albany’s decision to drive a stake through it’s heart more than 10 years ago, the dreaded commuter tax may rise from the dead if NYC mayoral hopeful Stringer gets his way.
- Malloy opposes idea of commuter tax, CTPost 4/17/2012
- Manhattan BP Stringer Wants Revived Commuter Tax To Fill MTA Coffers, NY1 4/16/2012
- Call to Restore Income Tax on Suburbanites, NYT 4/16/2012
Chris Christie Vs. Scott Stringer In “Commuter Tax Smackdown,” The Gothamist 4/17/2012
- The NYC Mayoral Transit Stakes Begin ‘€” Stringer Backs Commuter Tax, Transportation Nation 4/16/2012
- Stringer’s solution is the commuter tax, but his problem is Albany, CapitalNewYork.com 4/17/2012
Photo: Tarrytown Train Station 4/29/2012. Credit: Ray C. via FourSquare.com