Stories You May Have Missed By Students You Might Just Know
Nyack, September 6 — While you were traveling abroad, lounging on the beach, hob-nobing in the Hamptons or sleeping in during your staycation, you might have missed some good stuff. Not to worry: we’ve got you covered.
Back in May, we put out the call for Summer interns. From June-August they’ve been hard at work writing features about our community. They also told new students what to expect in college and what life might be like if they traveled abroad. They wrote about the river, our water supply, our parks and our bridge. And lots of other topics too.
Thanks to Tal Axelrod, Ariel Brogno, Max Cea, Loisa Fenicell, Anna Belle Newport and Cassius Wilkinson. Everyone with one exception went to Nyack High School. And a special thanks to our “foreign correspondents,” Andrea Eisenberg and Becca Blazak, who wrote about the different cultures they experienced while teaching English abroad in Thailand and South Korea.
- Tal Axelrod: TZB Construction: The POV Under The Zee, There’s Something Fishy About the Hudson, Seeing Europe’s Economy Through W. Nyack Eyes
- Becca Blazak: S. Korea: See, Teach, Learn’€¦But Don’t Fan or Flush
- Ariel Brogno: An Academy of Chamber Music At Grace Church
- Max Cea: How To Be A College Freshman, NHS Graduation (Incidents) To Remember
- Andrea Eisenberg: Gay Policy In Thailand: ‘€œDon’t Ask, Don’t Care,’€ Go West (or East), Young Grad, Parents: When Girl Meets World, Don’t Worry Be Happy
- Loisa Fenicell: Mining The History Of The Hook, Children & Shakespeare: Theatre, Stony Point Over UK in Weekend Battle (Again)
- Anna Belle Newport: New District Lines Bring New Faces
- Cassius Wilkinson: Gas Plant On The Hudson
Thank you to all our young writers. And thanks to our readers of all ages for their interest and their support of NyackNewsAndViews.