Nyack, Nov 1 — If you’re taking the kids to school, commuting to NYC or crossing the TZB, the National Weather Service says you should expect some unusually strong winds between 8a and 10a on Fri Nov 1. Gusts up to 60 mph are possible.
Rockland County Wind Advisory now in effect until 2p.
- locations… interior portions of southern Connecticut…northeastern New Jersey… the lower Hudson Valley… and New York City.
- hazards… strong… to possibly damaging winds.
- Winds… south to southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected. Isolated gusts up to 60 mph possible.
- Timing… strongest winds with a line of showers moving east to west between 8 and 10 am.
- Impacts… some downed trees and power lines are likely… resulting in scattered power outages. The strong winds will also make for difficult driving for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph… or gusts of 46 to 57 mph… are expected or occurring. Winds this strong can make driving difficult… especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Source: Natinoal Weather Service via WeatherUnderground.com