Jan 21 6p Update From the Rockland County Dept of Transportation: TOR and TZx bus service will be suspended as of 8p. Expect delays of 20-30 minute until then.
Nyack, Jan 21 8a — Can you feel it in the air? The Snow Countdown is now underway. The National Weather Service is calling for heavy snow starting at 12n with accumulations of 6-10 inches for the Lower Hudson Valley and North Jersey. A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from the first snowflake through 6a Wed.
Here’s the official forecast as of 4:30a.
- Accumulations… snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
- Winds… north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
- Wind chills… as low as 10 below zero late tonight.
- Temperatures… highs in the upper teens to lower 20s this morning… dropping into the single digits tonight.
- Visibilities… one quarter mile or less at times late this afternoon into tonight.
- Timing… snowfall will begin late Tuesday morning and will continue through tonight… tapering off early Wednesday morning. The heaviest snowfall will occur late this afternoon into tonight.
- Impacts… falling… blowing… and drifting snow will cause hazardous travel and walking conditions across the area… possibly impacting the late afternoon and evening commute. Prolonged exposure to frigid cold and low wind chills could cause frost bite. Dress appropriately.
Source: National Weather Service