Many of us share a problem with the Village of Nyack: this Winter has exceeded our capacity. With the National Weather Service calling for ANOTHER 10-14 inches of snow between 12m and 6a on Thursday, the village is running out of places to put the snow. At NyackNewsAndViews, we are running out of clever headlines. It’s beginning to be a serious problem.
The village is now hauling snow to the Nyack Marina. If that space fills to capacity, Memorial Park is the overflow site.
The Nyack Farmers’ Market at the Nyack Center will be closed on Thurs 2/13/14 because of the predicted snowstorm.
Having exhausted our supply of snow-related story titles we ordered from our Headline Wholesaler before the Winter began, we have been patiently waiting for a new delivery to arrive. This year we have already burned through Does It Smell Like Snow, Yet?, Adios, Frosty The Snowman and S’Now What? But our sales rep tells us that fresh headline copy is in short supply this Winter and there’s a long wait for more pithy words. Hence the Bill Murray Meatballs reference at the top of this page.
But You Are ready for the summer about now, aren’t you?
Here’s the official NWS forecast.
Winter Storm Warning in effect from 12m-6a EST Thursday for Rockland, Northern Westchester, Orange, Putnam
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow with accumulations of 10 to 14 inches.
- Winds… north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Temperatures… in the mid 20s.
- Visibilities… one quarter mile or less at times.
- Timing… snow will develop late tonight and continue during the day Thursday before tapering off Thursday night.
- Impacts… snowfall will make travel treacherous. In addition… heavy… wet snow may cause some weak… flat roof structures to collapse and trees will be susceptible to falling.
Source: NWS forecast via WeatherUnderground.com
Frozen Hudson River 2/12/2014 ©2014 Arnold Roufa RoufaMD.com
Gazebo in Nyack’s Memorial Park, Jan 2011