With beautiful Spring weather in the forecast, there may be as many as 20,000 people visiting Nyack on Sunday May 18. The good news is that the first 5,000 of them won’t need parking and won’t be here for very long.
Cyclists competing in the Gran Fondo NY 100 mile ride from the GWB to Bear Mountain and back will pass through the village between 7:45 and 845a. The Nyack Street Fair, sponsored by ACADA, Nyack’s Art, Craft & Antiques Dealers Association, kicks off at 10a.
Been Too Long At The Fair?
- Rivertown Film hosts their annual Estate/Tag Sale from 10a-5p at 311 N Midland Ave in Upper Nyack. “An extensive collection of art, paintings, small sculptures collectibles antiques, jewelry and vinyl records and CDs.”
- There’s a Multi-Family Tag Sale by DramaWorks to support Nyack High School’s drama program at 17 First Ave, Nyack from 10a-2p.
Nyack’s street fairs are known far and wide for their combination of merchandise for all tastes and pocketbooks, arts, crafts, food, entertainment and special goings-on, all within the context of the wonderful Village of Nyack, with its own attractions of great shops and restaurants in a charming Victorian setting.
Up to 25,000 people are attracted to the Nyack street fairs, when Main Street and Broadway are closed to traffic, making it a pedestrian paradise. Stroll throughout the village’s downtown and street fair booths.
- Dog Lover? No Fair For You, 9/26/2011
- The Circle Game, 8/5/2011
- Nyack Springfest Street Fair is a Tweet. Maybe, 4/17/2011
- Street Fair Boosts Vendors, Nyack Merchants, 10/13/09