The 4th of July plus 20 artists at 12 venues equals this month’s First Friday in Nyack. In addition to the art works on display on the walls of businesses throughout downtown, you can enjoy music and children’s activities at the gazebo on Main Street. This monthly festival that celebrates the freedom of expressions that is at the heart of our democracy is sponsored by Nyack Art Collective.
One week after our nation celebrates its 238 birthday, the Nyack Art Collective will observe their first. On Fri., July 11th, from 5-8p, Nyack Art Collective will celebrate their one year anniversary at the Edward Hopper House Art Center. “Homage to Hopper” is an evening of art, food and entertainment in the backyard of the Hopper House at 82 N. Broadway featuring High 5 Vocal Works and High Standards with special guest Sam Waymon.
A reception for Edward Hopper House Art Center Artist-in-Residence Kris Burns will also be held on the 11th. Chasing Edward Hopper, a selection of photographs and videos captures Hopper Happens, her multi-media celebration of Edward Hopper’s lasting influence.
Here is a complete guide to First Friday, July.
- Sweet Envy – #162: Jamie Gaviola, Marriott Sheldon, Jamey Jackson, Pamela Wood
- The Franklin Antique Center – #142: Chris Machlin, Elaine Schloss
- Cloud 9 – # 120: Joyce Byrnes
- Little Flower Shop – #95 1/2: Natalie O’Donnell, Lisa Wheeler
- Harry’s Burritos – #90: Lauren Rudolph
- p. ross boutique #89: Sona Viola
- Johnny Cakes: #84: Lawrence Hultberg
- Temptations – #80 1/2: Tony Ziegler
- Starbucks – #80 Chris Hege
- Edward Hopper House Art Center – #82: Melanie Rothschild, Inyoung Seoung
- Gena Lisa- #19: Maria Nacht
- Sweet Spot – #11: Colleen McGowan
- Art Café -#65: Shawna Handke
Hudson Avenue Gagliardi Studio & Gallery – #39: Greg Logiodice