Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
The Nyack Arts Collective presents a “Homage to Hopper” to celebrate Edward Hopper’s birthday from 5-8pm. Entertainment by High 5 Vocalworks and High Standards, featuring special guest Sam Waymon. Edward Hopper-inspired art will be on display. Hopper House Art Center, 82 N Broadway in Nyack.
- The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, vendors and artists from 8a-1p in the Main Street parking lot at S. Franklin in Nyack.
- Piermont celebrates Bastille Day from 12n-10p. Festival goers are encouraged to show up in 18th-century period costumes. Piermont Avenue will be closed to traffic .
- There’s an opening reception for “Bob Goldberg: Me and My Camera, A Photographic Journey” from 1-3p at the Valley Cottage Library, 110 Route 303.
The YMCA Hiking Club will walk 5.75 miles on the Long Path from Lake Skannatati north to Lake Tiorati in Harriman on Sunday morning. Meeting time for the car pool is 8:30a at the Nyack YMCA, 35 S. Broadway. Call 845.358.0245 by 5p on Friday to reserve your place on this free public hike.
The July Nyack Street Fair is Sunday from 10a-5p. All people are welcome. Dogs — not so much.
- Mostly Music in Memorial Park: Tom Artin Jazz / Dixieland. Tue, July 15, 7:30p–9:30p
- Hopper House Music in the Garden: Mark Patterson Quintet. Thu, July 17, 7:30p–10p
- The Friends of the Nyacks presents “The Empress’s New Clothes” in Memorial Park, Fri-Sat, July 18-19, 7p–8:30p
Bring a blanket, chair, & picnic basket and enjoy the play!
Get the Nyack Weekender in your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning. Add your name to our mail list to get this weekly guide to weekend events — and no other mailers or solicitations. We promise! Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.