Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
- The Friends of the Nyacks presents “The Empress’s New Clothes” in Memorial Park, Fri-Sat, July 18-19, 7p–8:30p. Bring a blanket, chair, & picnic basket and enjoy the play!
- The Elmwood Playhouse production of Clifford Odet’s Wake and Sing, directed by Alan Demovsky opens on Fri., July 18 and runs through August 9.
The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, vendors and artists from 8a-1p in the Main Street parking lot at S. Franklin in Nyack.
- Jazz vocalist Alicia Crowe performs a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald at the Elmwood Playhouse at 7p. Purchase tickets at ElmwoodPlayhouse.com or call 845-353-1313. 10 Park St, Nyack
- Jazz Week opens on Sunday night at 7:30p in Piermont with the RCJBS All-Stars featuring Scott Wendholt- trumpet, Richard Sussman- piano, Cameron Brown-bass, Steve Johns-drums + Special Guest Rich Perry-tenor sax. Turning Point Café, 468 Piermont Ave.
- It’s Comedy Open Mike @ Olives in Nyack from 6-8pm. Hosted by Dana DiTrani. 118 Main St, Nyack
- Jazz Week, Mon at 8p: Jam Session with John Richmond- tenor sax, Rob Reich- guitar, David Kingsnorth- bass, Eliot Zigmund- drums. The Turning Point Café
- Mostly Music in Memorial Park: Steven Bernstein and the Millennial Territory Orchestra. Tue, July 22, 7:30p–9:30p
- Jazz Week, Wed at 8p: Jam Session with Mark Hagan-bass, Duane Eubanks- trumpet, John David Simon- tenor sax, Danny Petrow- guitar, Ron Vincent- drums. 76 House, 110 Main St, Tappan.
- Hopper House Music in the Garden: Scott Reeves Jazz Big Band. Thu, July 24, 7:30p–10p
Get the Nyack Weekender in your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning. Add your name to our mail list to get this weekly guide to weekend events — and no other mailers or solicitations. We promise! Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.