Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
- Celebrate 95 Years of Environmentalism from 10a–5p at the Kanawaukee Nature Museum in Harriman State Park via the Trailside Regional Museums summer program. Storytelling, animal demonstrations, lectures, tours of the museum, local history. More info at email@example.com and 845-351-5383.
- The Mystical Majesty Band celebrates 50 years of the Beatles with an outdoor concert in Orangetown at 7:45p. Veteran’s Memorial Park, 81 Hunt Rd, Orangeburg.
- Hopper House artist-in-residence Kris Burns presents a free outdoor screening of The Third Man in the garden of the Edward Hopper House Art Center at 8:30p. The Third Man was one of Edward Hopper’s favorites and stars Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton. An original short film, Chasing Edward Hopper by Kris Burns, will precede the film noir classic. Bring a blanket for this late night picnic screening in the garden.
- The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, vendors and artists from 8a-1p in the Main Street parking lot. Singer/songwriter and environmentalist John Rucker is Saturday’s featured entertainer.
- The Mike Montrey Band performs an all ages show live at Olives in Nyack at 10:30p. 118 Main St, Nyack.
- The Jacob Blauvelt House in New City celebrates its official NYS “Paths through History” designation with free tours at of the 1832 farmhouse at 1p, 2p, and 3p. 20 Zukor Rd, New City.
- Photographer Kenneth Silvestri holds a poetry reading at The Corner Frame Shop from 3-5p. 40 S. Franklin St, Nyack.
- Join the PIPC for an easy but unusual two mile night “Sturgeon Moon Hike” at 8p. Bring flashlights! For more information, please call 201 768-1360 ext. 110. Meet at the Englewood Cliffs park entrance, PIP Exit 1.
- Tues Aug 12: The Tappan Zee Bridge Experience: Past, Present and Future. This “rolling on the river” adventure leaves the Haverstraw Marina at 9:30a. The $85/person ticket includes a boat trip on the Hudson, a guided tour and a box lunch.
- Tues Aug 12: The Beach Boys and Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone play Provident Bank Park at 6:30p. Tickets are $20-$40. 1 Provident Bank Park Dr, Pomona.
- Wed Aug 13: The Jennifer Grace Band plays a free concert at 6:30p at Riverfront Park as part of the Stony Point Summer Concert series. 25 Grassy Point Rd, Stony Point.
Get the Nyack Weekender in your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning. Add your name to our mail list to get this weekly guide to weekend events — and no other mailers or solicitations. We promise! Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.