Here’s a run down of what to do and where to do it this weekend.
- The Third Man has been rain delayed. The film will be screened next week, Aug. 8, at 8:30p in the garden of the Edward Hopper Arts Center. An original short film by Burns, “Chasing Edward Hopper,” will precede the film noir classic. Bring a blanket for this late night picnic screening in the garden.
- Don’t forget that August 1st is also a First Friday, the day each month when the Nyack Art Collective exhibits work by local artists in venues throughout the village.
- Jazz duo Whispering Light, featuring Native American flutes and guitars over jazz/rock fusion, plays at the Turning Point Café in Piermont at 8p.
- Photographer Kenneth Silvestri will be at The Corner Frame Shop from 6-8:30p exhibiting his work. 40 S Franklin St, Nyack.
- The Nyack Saturday Farmer’s Market features local farmers, florists, vendors and artists from 8a-1p in the Main Street parking lot. Get your AC/DC fix at the market on Saturday with a performance by the School of Rock.
- River Seining: Learn first-hand about what lives in the river when the Palisades Parks Conservancy hosts a family nature program from 11a-1p at the beach at the north end of Alpine Picnic Area & Boat Basin. This program is recommended for ages 8 and up but children must be accompanied by an adult. Parking fee is $5. Meet at the front of the Alpine Pavilion at the Alpine park entrance, PIP Exit 2. For more information visit NJPalisades.org or call 201 768-1360 ext. 110.
- Come to the 4th Annual United Latin Festival of Haverstraw from 11a-8p at the Haverstraw Elementary School. Parade starts at 12n Emeline Park ending at the school. For more info, call 845-406-1969.
- It’s Comedy Open Mike @ Olives in Nyack from 6-8pm hosted by Dana DiTrani. 118 Main St, Nyack.
Tuesday Aug 5, Mostly Music Concert Series: Chip Larison and the Catfight Blues Band; Sam Waymon and the Magic Band in Memorial Park at 7:30p. Presented by the Friends Of The Nyacks.
Tuesday Aug 5, Family Concert in Valley Cottage at 7:30p. The Town of Clarkstown’s summer music festival presents Beauty & The Grease with music from the 50’s & 60’s! Bring blankets and lawn chairs. Valley Cottage Hamlet Green, 10 New Lake Rd, Valley Cottage.
- Thursday Aug 7 is the last Tues this summer for Music in the Garden at the Hopper House Art Center. Hear Jeremy Wall Group at 7:30p. 82 N Broadway, Nyack.
Get the Nyack Weekender in your mailbox auto-magically every Friday morning. Add your name to our mail list to get this weekly guide to weekend events — and no other mailers or solicitations. We promise! Visit our online sign-up sheet to subscribe.