NyackNewsAndViews has a limited number of 2017 paid summer internships.
Looking for something to do this summer where you can hone your writing, marketing, photographic, Web development or WordPress skills and change the world? Sure, that’s a big promise. But like many opportunities, it can be what you make of it!
It’s a unique summer job with flexible hours that let’s you earn some publishing cred while making a little extra cash. This year we’re looking for writers, wannabe WordPress wunderkinds and marketing interns, too.
If you are college bound, it’s great experience to put on your college applications. But it’s also a way to learn more about where you live, learn to tell stories in a way that gets people’s attention, and yes — in a small way — make the world a better place. If you are already in college, it’s valuable experience you can put on your resume.
Writers are always welcome. We also need help in sales & marketing. As well a social media and web analytics — trying to read the tea leaves to help tee up more ways to serve the community. That means if you have math, spreadsheet or programmer skills, there’s a place for you in our summer program. Previous experience is desirable, however the only real requirements are interest and aptitude — and how to work a spreadsheet. We can teach you the rest!
There are both volunteer and paid positions, all part time, with flexible work-when-you-can-hours.
Interested? Email email@example.com for more information. Tell us what you would like to do, and why you want to do it.
If writing’s your thing, here are some examples of great work by former interns:
- Time Nyack Hotel Dazzles in Debut, 5/25/2016
- A Bird’s Eye View of Hook Mountain, Then and Now, 7/7/2016
- Vigils in Nyack, New City Mourn Lives Lost at Orlando’s Pulse Nightclub, 6/17/2016
- Pokemon Go to Nyack, And So Go Rockland Millenials, 7/18/2016
- Not Nyack, Like Nyack: Ridgewood, NJ, 7/31/2016
- What We Did During Your 2015 Summer Vacation, 9/2/2015
- What We Did During Your 2014 Summer Vacation, 10/13/2014
- What We Did During Your 2012 Summer Vacation, 9/6/2012