It’s a week to Listen To The Music in and near Nyack. Nyack Jazz Week from the Rockland County Jazz & Blues Society kicks off on Friday. There’s also female-powered, rhythm-centric music, doo wop, rock n roll, salsa and a hometown brother sister duo. Plus an artist’s reception, a movie about improv, a storytelling workshop and a bicycle ride from Bear Mountain to Cold Spring.
- The Steev Richter Band will perform with special guest Gina MarieAntoinette at the Hudson House. 7 & 8:45p, 134 Main St, Nyack.
- If you’re tired of the same old, same old, Sistermonk will be performing their female-powered, djembe-driven, rhythm-centric music at the Union Arts Center. 8p, 2 Union Street, Sparkill.
The Rockland County Jazz and Blues Society presents Nyack Jazz Week 2017. Nine nights of great music, indoors & out, many free to the public. Highlights are the John Hart Trio, the Mike Stern Trio and the master vibraphonist, Joe Locke Quartet. Tickets & Full Concert Schedule, various times, various venues.
- Bike Nyack rides this Saturday from Bear Mountain to Cold Spring. 8:30a, meetup at Jones Point, aka the Ramapo-Dunderburg Trailhead on 9W.
- Go back in time to the 1950s with Beauty & The Grease at State Line Lookout. 7p, State Line Lookout Exit, Palisades Parkway, Alpine, NJ.
- Get ready for some Saturday night salsa with Orquesta Canela direct from Columbia at the Westgate Lounge. 8p, 26 Rt 59, Nyack.
- Can’t wait for Nyack Jazz Week 2017 to begin? Pre-opening night performance by the Peter Furlan Quintet at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. 8 & 9:30p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Hang out on the Hudson with food, drinks, and two parties in one at the Summer, Sand, & Soul party at Pier 701 Restaurant & Bar. 1p, 701 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- There’s an artist’s reception to honor Nyack artist Ed Kirkland at the Gedney Street Condominiums center. 4-6p, 70 Main St & Broadway, Nyack.
- Nyack Jazz Week 2017 pre-opening night performance featuring Bucky Pizzarelli with Larry Fuller and Martin Pizzarelli at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. 6p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- If you’re intrigued by the storytelling night events and would like to delve deeper into your own personal stories, storytelling event producer, musician, performer, poet/storyteller and educator Katie Elevitch, will help those of all levels and experience in an Intro to Storytelling Workshop. 7p, pre-registration required, Nyack.
- Nyack Jazz Week 2017 opening night performance featuring The John Hart Trio at The Turning Point Cafe. 8p, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
Nyack Jazz Week 2017 continues with a jam session featuring John Richmond, Richard Sussman and Bill Moring at The Turning Point Cafe. 8p, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
Nyack Jazz Week 2017/Music on the Hudson features a Latin jazz concert with Mayra Casales & Cocomama at Memorial Park. 7:30p, Depew and Piermont Aves, Nyack.
- Nyack Jazz Week 2017 continues with a jam session featuring Mark Hagan, Scott Reeves, Jason Tebonek and Scott Neumman at The ’76 House. 8p, 110 Main St, Tappan.
- Brother-sister duo Matteo Scher and Stella Rose play a hometown show at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. There will be old songs, new songs, special covers, and special guests. 7:45p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Rivertown Film screens Mike Birbiglia‘s Don’t Think Twice featuring Gillian Jacobs and Keegan-Michael Key. Six members of the Commune improv troupe struggle to stay afloat in Manhattan. When one of member gets a big break and is cast in Saturday Night Live, anxiety and competitiveness threaten to destroy their cozy unity. Post film discussion with Nyack resident, improv teacher and performer Jim Fyfe. 8p at the Nyack Center, 58 Depew Ave, Nyack.
Nyack Jazz Week 2017/Music in the Garden features the Mike Holober Quartet at the Edward Hopper House. 7:30p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack. Rain location: Grace Church, 103 First Ave, Nyack.