Looking for some live music? Nyack’s got you covered six out of the next seven days. Nyack Jazz Week wraps up with performances on Fri-Sun; there’s Music On The Hudson in Memorial Park on Tuesday; Nyack indy artist Alyssa Sequoia plays Maureen’s Jazz Cellar on Wednesday; and there’s Music In The Garden at Hopper House on Thursday. Inspired by what you hear and want to join in? The 5th annual Rockland Summer Sings is Tuesday night.
- The Mike Stern Trio, featuring Harvie S and Richie Morales, is the featured Friday artist as Nyack Jazz Week 2017 continues at The Hudson House. 8 & 10p, 134 Main St, Nyack. Afterwards, catch the FREE jam session at 11p at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Feeling nostalgic for some Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Van Halen or Kiss? Head to Casa del Sol for 80s Hair Bands Live Forever and get ready to dance to the music with your spandex and platform shoes. 7p, 104 Main St, Nyack.
- If you’re more of a Springsteen fan, don’t miss the Mighty Spectrum Band’s Bruce Show Unplugged, an acoustic tribute to the music of Bruce Springsteen, at The Turning Point Cafe. 8:30p, 468 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- In July 1779, Brigadier General Anthony Wayne led his troops in a daring attack on British forces at Stony Point. Almost 240 years later this Saturday, the Bike Nyack community ride will attack a few hills and stop somewhere for a leisurely lunch on this ride from Nyack Memorial Park to Stony Point, New York State Park. Meetup at 830a at the corner of Piermont & Depew Aves.
- Explore Nyack from a different vantage point with a Kayak Tour from the Nyack marina. Enjoy the expansive views of the Hudson River and Hook Mountain as you paddle along. 3 & 6p, Nyack marina at Burd St, Nyack.
- Don’t miss the master vibraphonist Joe Locke Quartet featuring Jim Ridl, Lorin Cohen and Samvel Sakisyan as Nyack Jazz Week 2017 continues at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. 7:30 & 9:30p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack. Afterwards, FREE jam session at 11p.
- Hear the next generation of up-and-coming jazz musicians from Rockland with a special edition of the Jazz in the Garden series at the Edward Hopper House. 1:30p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack. Rain location: Grace Church, 103 First Ave, Nyack.
- Nyack Jazz Week 2017 closes at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar as vocalist Alexis Cole performs with David Finck and Kenny Hassler. 6p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- The 2017 South Nyack Summer Concert Series opens as George Romano performs standards and rock ‘n roll favorites spanning the past four decades along with some original music. 6:30p, Gazebo at Franklin Street Park, 95 S Franklin St, South Nyack.
- The Music on the Hudson summer concert series continues as CRUSH delivers the non-stop, get-out-of-your-seat music of the big rock songs from the 80’s, 90’s, to today. 7p, Memorial Park, Piermont & Depew Aves, Nyack
- If you love to sing (or just listen to beautiful music) get ready for the 5th annual Rockland Summer Sings. The featured music will be Schubert’s Mass in G Major. 7:30p, St. Thomas Lutheran Church, 2 Old Ox Rd, Central Nyack.
Nyack local independent artist Alyssa Sequoia and her band will perform at Maureen’s Jazz Cellar playing her original songs with a unique mix of pop, jazz, folk and soul. Tickets are $15. Doors open 7:30p, Showtime 8p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack. Visit alyssa360.com for more info.
The Jazz in the Garden series continues with the Shirley Crabbe Group at the Edward Hopper House. 7:30p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack. Rain location: Grace Church, 103 First Ave, Nyack.