Summer is sizzlin’ with a First Friday and a Nyack Street Fair. There will be photography exhibits, music a plenty, laughs, group singing and Shakespeare, too. Listen to music in the great outdoors as the Music on the Hudson and Jazz in the Garden series’ continue this week.
- On the First Friday of each month, local businesses host art and music events.
- The Nyack Art Collective artists will be in residence along with The Roaming Puppies and their Irish folk/Dylanesque sound. 8p, Casa del Sol, 104 Main St, Nyack.
- Reception for Laura Gurton, the First Friday Artist of the Month from 6-7p and illustrator Dan Springer will talk about the meaning of caricature and then will draw caricatures of Lincoln and Washington, inviting questions and reactions to his work from 7p-8p at Edward Hopper House Art Center, 82 N Broadway, Nyack.
- The Rockland Shakespeare Company’s 20th season opens with The Merry Wives of Windsor in the Cultural Arts Theater at Rockland Community College. 7p, 145 College Rd, Suffern.
- Hear some live salsa along with your delicious food as the EV Band entertains at Maura’s Kitchen. 9p, 81-83 S Broadway, Nyack.
- This week Bike Nyack ‘s community ride circles Lake Tappan, spinning through Nanuet, Blauvelt and Orangeburg. 8:30a, meetup at Nyack Memorial Park, corner of Depew & Piermont Aves.
- Nyack history buffs will want to visit the Depew House for the Historical Society of the Nyack’s current exhibit Sally Savage Nyack Photographs before it closes. 1-4p Saturdays through July 29, 50 Piermont Ave, Nyack
- If you’re ready for a good belly laugh, head to Levity Live as actor, comedian, screenwriter and film producer, Marlon Wayans performs. Sat at 7p and 9:30p, Sun at 7p, 4201 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack.
- Bailey’s Smokehouse has the spicy sounds of The Goods to go with their succulent ribs. 9:30p, 136 E Erie St, Blauvelt.
- Enjoy a sizzlin’ summer Sunday at the Nyack Street Fair. Browse the vendors, take the kids to the Kid’s Zone, fill up on your favorite festival foods and take a break and listen to some music at the Gazebo. 10a-50, Main St and Broadway, Nyack.
- Inspired by a Bruce Springsteen song Meet Me Out in the Street (Part I) is a photographic retrospective from photographer Dan Fiore’s 1.5 million mile journey through the streets of his professional life, capturing the faces and places of his travels one frame at a time. Artist reception with Dan, 12-4p, Union Arts Center, 2 Union St, Sparkill. The exhibit will run through July 23.
- Tired of singing alone in the shower? Join the Nyack Pop-Up Chorus for their monthly sing featuring the music of Fleetwood Mac. 6p, Casa del Sol, 104 Main St, Nyack.
Bring a blanket and a friend as the Music on the Hudson summer concert series continues with Stevan Swann. 7p, Memorial Park, Piermont & Depew Aves, Nyack
The Jazz in the Garden series continues with the Gary Keller Quintet at the Edward Hopper House. 7:30p, 82 N Broadway, Nyack. Rain location: Grace Church, 103 First Ave, Nyack.