There are only two weekends left before Back To School season starts and Off-On-Vacation season ends. Savor the end of summer by listening to salsa, Sinatra, jazz, folk or Irish tunes. Learn to row, row, row a boat or join a community bike ride over hill and dale to Hillsdale. When you’ve had enough of the great outdoors, come inside for The Last Chance to see Sally Savage’s photography exhibit or take in an independent filmfest.
- The Local Independent Film Festival screens dozens of local independent films. Fri at 7:30p, Sat at 2p & 7:30p, Nyack Village Theatre, 94 Main St, Nyack.
- The Scott Reeves Quintet featuring Rich Perry, Jim Ridl, Bill Moring and Andy Watson brings their “shape shifting” jazz music to Maureen’s Jazz Cellar. 8 & 9:30p, 2 N Broadway, Nyack.
- Put those dancin’ shoes on and head to Maura’s Kitchen for live salsa and mambo with Quimbombo. 9p, 81 S Broadway, Nyack.
- This week Bike Nyack takes a portage ride over railroad tracks with drive-bys of six bodies of water, two states, more than a dozen villages, towns and hamlets. Meetup in Memorial Park at 8:30a at the corner of Piermont & Depew Aves.
- Learn to row, row, row a boat at Rockland Rowing’s Learn to Row Day. Pre-registration is requested. 8:30a, Rockland Lake State Park Lot #6, Congers.
- Iglesia la Mission is hosting a Hope Fest / Festival De Esperanza offering a variety of community and health services. 10a – 4p, Franklin Street Park, 95 S Franklin St, South Nyack.
- It’s the last day to see Sally Savage Nyack Photographs at the Historical Society of the Nyack’s Depew House. Sally Savage will be there from 12:30p to 1p and the matted digital prints on display, some original 8″ x 10″ darkroom (silver gelatin) prints and a poster of American Porches will be available for purchase. 12:30p – 4p, 50 Piermont Ave, Nyack.
- Dan and Chris, an acoustic duo, will be playing your favorite covers from the Beatles, Billy Joel, Elton John and Bruce Springsteen to the Backsteet Boys and Rihanna at Olive’s. Come dance and sing-a-long. 10:30p, 118 Main St, Nyack.
- Complimentary Supper Club Show at brunch at Pier 701 Restaurant features Jesse Pose as Sinatra. 11:30a, 701 Piermont Ave, Piermont.
- Stressed from all that back to school shopping? You can relax and recharge without leaving the mall with a FREE Powerflow Yoga Class. Please bring your own mat. 12 & 12:30p, East Court, Level 1, Palisades Center Mall, 1000 Palisades Center Dr, West Nyack.
- The Borderline Folk Music Club presents their annual Picnic and Music Festival featuring the music of Leonard Cohen. 12 – 6p, Germonds Park, 185 Germonds Rd, West Nyack.
- Blarney Stew performs a stout broth of jigs, reels and other traditional Celtic Tunes spiced by modern hits of the Pogues and Waterboys at the South Nyack Summer Concert Series continues as . 6:30p, Franklin Street Park, 95 S Franklin St, South Nyack.