by Bill Batson
For 62 of the last 64 years, the pub near the corner of Main Street and Broadway in Nyack has been owned by an O’Donoghue. There has been an O’Donoghue behind the bar since 1949, when Paul O’Donoghue Sr. started working as a night barman for what was then called Charlie’s Bar & Grill. After Charlie Lindell’s death in 1960, his wife, Hilda, sold the bar to Paul. This May, Paul O’Donoghue’s son, Kevin, returned to the helm of the bar after a two year hiatus.