Nyack was incorporated as a Village as early as 1883, with the adjacent villages of South Nyack and Upper Nyack also incorporating around the same time. The majority of the village’s land area is located in the Town of Orangetown, with a small western appendage located in the Town of Clarkstown.
Visit the Rockland County Department of Planning page for 2010 Census data on the Village of Nyack, the Nyack School District and Rockland County. You will also find profiles for the adjacent villages of Upper Nyack and South Nyack.
There is good background for Nyack at Wikipedia.
Archival Documents of Note about the Village of Nyack:
- Streetscape Committee: Minutes — October 22, 2007
- BFJ Parking Study — January 2007, Final Report
- Village of Nyack Comprehensive Master Plan
- Riverspace “Superblock”
- Citizen’s Committee Report (August, 2009)
- “White Paper” by Mayor’s Public/Private Task Force (March 13, 2009)