The next time you “hike the Hook” or take in the beautiful Hudson River views from Nyack Beach State Park, try to imagine today’s serene scenes as an active quarry 104 years ago. When did the blasting stop and the tourism begin? Click to see “before and after” photos of Hook Mountain more than 100 years apart.
Also, this week at the Nyack Library.
- FREE Assistance with NYS Health Insurance Programs, Mon at 5p
- Poets Corner, Mon at 6:30p
- Book and Pub Club (21 and over) – Olives, 118 Main St. Nyack, NY, Tue at 7p
- The Road to Financial Fitness for 18 to 20-somethings, Wed at 7p
- A Senior’s Guide to Avoiding Scams, Bullying, and Property Fraud, Thur at 1p
- The Life Course Project for 18 to 20-somethings, Thur at 7p
- Danna Banana Concert, Fri at 11a