Prior to the Civil War, April 15 was just another day on the calendar. Then Abraham Lincoln signed the Revenue Act of 1861 which levied a 3% flat rate income tax on those with an annual income of $800 or more. Click for more on the history of Income Tax Day as well as a few of the special programs at the Nyack Library this week.
- FREE AARP Tax Aid, Mon at 10a-2p
- Fiction Writers Workshop, Tues at 11a
- Lincoln’s Assassination Program, Wed at 7p
- Family Book Discussions, Thurs at 6:30p
- Defensive Driving Course – Complete in 1 Day, Sat at 10:30a-4:30p
- Write, Right? – Creative Writing Series for Kids, Sat 10:30a