Here are a few things you may not know about your neighbor on the Hudson at Gedney Street, the Nyack Boat Club.
Right This Way
Your Sailboat’s Waiting
The Nyack Boat Club is hosting an Open House on Saturday, May 31 from 11a to 4p. For more info, visit NyackBoatClub.org.
- Nyack Boat Club is looking for members.
- Memberships are extremely affordable.
- You do not have to to own a boat to be a member of Nyack Boat Club. In fact, approximately 25% of our members do not currently own boats.
- Nyack Boat Club is more than a sailing and paddle sport club. Members enjoy social and education events throughout the year.
- The Nyack Boat Club has a very successful junior sailing program that is primarily for family and friends of Nyack Boat Club members, but is also open to the public. There are two four-week sessions over the summer, generally beginning the last week of June and the last week of July. Registration starts each January. Space is limited.
- During racing season, many boats seek crew members. Racing experience is useful, but the uninitiated, who want to learn more about sailing, can also be accommodated.
History and Mission
The Nyack Boat Club was founded on September 10, 1909. The original clubhouse was destroyed by fire on August 6, 1916. The current clubhouse on Gedney Street was acquired on September 16, 1916.
The mission of the club is to encourage and support yachting and yacht racing on the Hudson River and surrounding waters, good seamanship and navigation, and to provide for the recreation and enjoyment of its members.
Come down and see how you can make the Nyack Boat Club your own at our Open House on Sat May 31 from 11a-4p.